A light and tasty apricot quinoa salad packed with fresh herbs.
This apricot quinoa salad is amazingly light, fresh and tasty and the mint really brings it home; it's a fabulous side for any meal!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped or julienned
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water, quinoa and dried apricots to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Mix the quinoa, almonds, green onions and mint and toss with the mixture of the apricot preserves, oil, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper.