Cool and creamy avocado halves stuffed with a fresh and summery strawberry salsa!
Strawberries have to be one of my favourite parts of summer and it's always fun to use them in a semi-savoury strawberry salsa!
Whenever I think about strawberry salsa I can't help but think about adding cool and creamy avocados, I mean pretty much everything is better with avocado! Instead of just adding diced avocado to the strawberry salsa I often like to keep things simple and just halve the avocados and 'stuff' them with the strawberry salsa!
These strawberry salsa stuffed avocados have to be one of the best summer dishes with dreamy avocados, fresh and juicy strawberries, the tangy lime juice, onions and a touch of heat from the jalapenos! I like to serve these, chilled, as an appetizer on hot summer days and they also work well as a light meal, a salad or even as a dessert!
- 2 large avocado, cut in half, stoned and scooped
- 1 pound strawberries, diced (~2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red or green onion, finely diced or sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- Stuff the avocados with the mixture of the remaining ingredients and enjoy!